Did you know that each hour 4 men die from conditions that are potentially preventable? Or that men live on average 5 years less than women? and male suicide is the leading cause of death for men under 44 years of age? - significantly more than the national road toll?
Foundation 49: Men’s Health is a direct response to this health crisis affecting 49% of the population – and is dedicated to improving the health status of all men.
So guys - take action:
- Find a GP you are happy with
- Have an annual check up with your GP
- Know your body and what is normal for you
- Promptly check out any concerns or health issues with your GP
- Know the health risks for your age group and what to do to reduce them
Men’s health includes not only physical illness but emotional and mental health concerns as well. For further information choose a topic or condition under the 'Learn More' on this page.